Question about my 1984 2hp evinrude

2mate

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was just wounderin on my evinrude 2 1984 model i am never sure if it is cooling enough.
I have a manual for the eninge but dosnt really explain all i really see as cooling is a little bit of spray coming out of the four holes on the leg.

Recenlty i took the leg of and gave it all a good clean and waterpump was fine :confused: I am not sure if this is as it should be or if maybe somthing is wrong?

Any help will be apriciated

2mate

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Question about my 1984 2hp evinrude

That's the way they are. Most of the spent cooling water goes out with the underwater exhaust. All you see is what just happens to blow out those holes.

Make sure your pump impeller truly is "fine" and don't worry about it.

2mate

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for your help i think i will change the water pump just to be sure do you know where i can get a new one before thursday next week?

Vic.S

Rear Admiral

In the UK www.WillsMarine.co.uk in Kingsbridge, Devon are apparently good for mail order spares.

www.outboards-direct.co.uk (Oakley marine) in Brighton came up trumps for someone recently

www.outboardservices.co.uk in Lostwithiel is another I have a note of.

Must be an agent in Kent somewhere, used to be couple in Chatham, try Yell.com Let us know if you find anyone local.

Try asking on UK forum like www.ybw.com/forums someone might know of agents in Kent or East Sussex.

How about Highway Marine in Sandwich

BUT if you have water spraying out and not steam you have no immediate problem.

2mate

Petty Officer 1st Class

It seems to be mostly water but some steam i think