placeing new numbers and sticker on boat bow

catfishcharlie

Seaman Apprentice
I have for the life of me tried to find the proper location for the numbers and sticker on a new boat bow. I would think they should be the same in Texas as in other state...any help ut there?
Also , where do you normally display the boat name.? I've owned boats before but never really paid attention to the exact location.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral
Re: placeing new numbers and sticker on boat bow

The TPWD web site (boating regs) will tell you where to put the numbers. On my Texas Maid runabout, V-hull, pointed bow, I put the numbers on the top of the hull under the topside cap starting about 1 to 1.5 feet back from the bow on each side. The reg sticker has to go at least a hands distance from the numbers...four inches or something like that. Is the boat in your avatar the one getting numbers/sticker? Needs to be readily visible at a distance, so would have to be on the side on that rig. A good graphics shop can make a one-piece number/letter decal for you that is easier to apply than the peel-n-stick single letters/numbers. Boat names can go anywhere...lots of folks put them on the stern, but I lean towards the bow.

woosterken

Lieutenant

IM000075.jpg

this is my numbers.

IM000022.jpg

this is my name.
the regs in ohio say the numbers have to be at least 3" high and a color contrasting to the back ground.

woosterken

catfishcharlie

Seaman Apprentice

I knew about the distance between the tx then four numbers...then two more but did not know if there are strict requirements on the location...Yes, the sea ark is the boat in question..Thanks for the pic, I will look in tpwd and if I cant find more info. I will place them like the ones in pic, Thanks

woosterken

Lieutenant

the space between the OH (TX in your case) and the four numbers,has to be the same size as a number or letter
not encluding 1 (one) l (ell).
same for the space between the four numbers and the last two letters.
Ohio says space for the state sticker at the end is 6" from the last letter.
hope this is clear.

woosterken

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Check your local DNR, here in Indiana they are very specific as to placement of reg numbers, even the size of letters.

You can put your name anywhere you want, although it is generally on the transom, if it is a new name for the hull make certain you follow all the rituals involved in boat naming, there could be dire consequences if you don't.

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Reg #'s.....Anywhere in the first front half of bow. Anywhere, as long it's above the waterline!:eek:

Name is on the ARSE.:cool:

IMAG0014.jpg

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Careful with the name. Here in PA. I believe that nothing else is allowed in the area of the numbers. So for name purposes you are limited to the rear half of the boat or the transom. Ever notice that no manufacturer has the name or logo on the bow? Looks better on the back anyway.