Replacing Flybridge Sun / Wind Screen

Looking for any advice as to where to get a replacement smoked plexiglas wind screen for my flybridge. The mounts are there but when I acquired the boat there was no windscreen. The boat is a 1976 25' Starcraft Flybridge Cruiser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Replacing Flybridge Sun / Wind Screen

going to be a custom made job.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

The boat is a 1976 25' Starcraft Flybridge Cruiser.

You're best bet is to find a picture of the same boat that has the screen (it's actually called a venturi windscreen). From that image, I'd fabricate a pattern out of thin plywood, then take it to a local glass or plastics shop for pricing. It's good that you have the hardware.
If you do it this way, you can get more than 1 price for it.
Another option: Have you searched the internet for a Starcraft Owners Group? Maybe you'll get lucky that way.

Ya'know, this is one of the reasons I own a Silverton. They have some excellent resources for locating parts for older models like mine (1984). Boat/US did an article on this very subject last year and I'm kind of proud to have had a quote published after their messageboard inquired about how members cope with finding obsolete parts for "vintage" boats.
Rob
Here's the article:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQK/is_/ai_n19154785

Thanks for all the input. I have only ever seen one other of these boats it was for sale on craigslist in Toronto. My boat migrated down from the Great Lakes. I think templating it will be the easiest way to get one made.