Bravo III Gear Ratio?

curtster122

Cadet
I have a Bravo III that needs replacing. I have the serial # but not the gear ratio. I was told the gear ratio is not available with the serial #. Is there a way to get the ratio of my old drive?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bravo III Gear Ratio?

Should be stamped on the side of the drive in the same area as the SN.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sn.jpg
    sn.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 4

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

It usually says on the side of the drive.

It will probably be 1.81, 2.00 or 2.20 to 1

If you cannot find it you can always just pull the drive and turn the yoke 20 turns or so and have someone count blades (use a magic marker to mark a blade).

Use 2.00 as the baseline..........I.E. if 20 revs of the yoke doesn't equal exactly 10 revs of either prop then it's respectively a 1.81 or a 2.2

2.2 will be 22 turns of the yoke for 10 turns of the prop, 1.81:1 will be 18-yoke (18.1 to be exact but you'd need a protractor to measure it!!), and 10-prop etc.

Cheers,

Rick

By the way if it's on the huge boat in your picture (or any huge boat) it's probably a 2.20!

I just love my Bravo III !

TilliamWe

Banned

curt, I had DonS look up a ratio for a Bravo 2 based on the serial number. The caveat is, if someone has changed the ratio, the information isn't accurate.

curtster122

Cadet

Thank you all for the info. I will be getting to the drive shortly in order to get the ratio so I can order a new lower unit....

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

What is this going to go on? Is it the BIG boat in your Avatar?

If you haven't had a look at ebay, there are some SUPER deals on there for a Bravo III drive, all ratios.