preparing for a boat race in newfoundland

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: preparing for a boat race in newfoundland

....great stuff, legendary mariners the Newfsters.;)
BP
ps: don't let that oil and gas stuff get in the way of keeping up the boating skills...and say hi to Danny for me.:)

Bigprairie1

Commander

....great stuff, legendary mariners the Newfsters.;)
BP
ps: don't let that oil and gas stuff get in the way of keeping up the boating skills...and say hi to Danny for me.:)...oh, and when he's done can we borrow him for a couple of years?

tallcanadian

Captain

danny is getting national status. i think you will see him run for pm some day.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Newfsters???????

Always been Newfies as far as I remember

Bigprairie1

Commander

Newfsters???????

Always been Newfies as far as I remember

I think it was a reference I heard from Ron James. That said the famous newfie moniker stands always.....in the best way of course.
Newfoundland is carving out a new place for themselves on the Canadian economic landscape these days being one of the few provinces that will be posting a surplus this year I think....good on 'em. Oil and gas exploration and development?...bring it on. ;)
Out west here offshore drilling and exploration etc is still not highly regarded due to fears about the environmental impacts. However north eastern BC near Alberta they are all over it. Oh well.
BP:)

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

"Newfies" is what I always called people from New Foundland. I haven't been there in over 30 years, but was once on a small ship that refueled at St. Johns a time or two. Its a beatifully rugged place.

I always liked Cape Breton, in Nova Scotia too. Some of the coastline reminded me of Northern California.

Here's to Canada - great place with great people!

tallcanadian

Captain

"Newfies" is what I always called people from New Foundland.

not to make a big deal out of it but it's Newfoundland, one word. lol. actually, it's now Newfoundland and Labrador. it's true, though, it is a very rugged land. i'm not originally from here. i moved here 9 years ago. but i do call it home. very beautiful province. and it's a bigger island than one thinks. i would recommend anyone to visit. the old outports, {fishing villages}, are very beautiful. the trout and salmon fishing is second to none.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the correction. I actually knew that but ... well .... the brain does get a little fuzzy when you get to be old as dirt. None-the-less, a beautifil place, indeed!