IT'S HERE, but the surprise isnt...

fishrdan

Admiral
I ordered my wife a Harry Potter book set for Christmas, the one she has been hinting about for the past 6 months... The subject has been our joke for the last few weeks,,, have you ordered "IT",,, is "IT" here yet. What are you talking about? HA HA When I ordered it 3 weeks ago it noted, back order, ships in 1-2 weeks. Eh, no problem, we have plenty of time :rolleyes: I finally get a ship notice on the 19th and think OH NO, it's not going to make it.

Today, Christmas eve, I hear a knock on the door, my wife answer the door and her start yelling IT'S here IT's here! I think to my self WHEW and go downstairs to collect my present for her. Big grin on her face as I look at the shipping box,,, in huge bold writing on the outside of the shipping box is; HARRY POTTER BOOK SET 1-7 Sheesh! nothing like being discrete about the shipment.

So what's a guy supposed to do in a situation like this??? Slap a bow on the shipping box and set it under the tree :D

UnregisteredUser

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: IT'S HERE, but the surprise isnt...

NO SIR...

You MUST wrap each book, so she has seven gifts instead of just one.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Geesh......That did sorta of spoil it didn't it? At least it wasn't weeks before or days before christmas.

My nieces christmas was spoiled, or should I say my brother and sis n laws christmas to my nieces was spoiled. My brother sent one of his girls in to his closet to find something and she spotted the Nintendo Wii :rolleyes:. My brother didn't know that his wife stuck the game system in his closet. Of coarse the youngest niece tells the oldest niece about it, the oldest niece got upset because she was told about it.

My brother should of just said "oh that was just an empty box". But instead they said "that is Dee's game system that we picked up for her to give to her kids". Dee is a friend of the family.

I'm thinking to myself, here they were not going to buy there girls a game system at all in the first place, because it would spoil them or so they think. But they bought the oldest niece a gameboy advance in the past, then they bought both of the girls a Playstation 2 in the past, both were christmas gifts a couple of years ago. I guess with all the kid's friends having a game system and all they decided to get them one, it was going to happen no matter what.

I can't say much, I grew up with an Atari 2600, and I eventually got a regular nintendo system as christmas gift. The Atari was my brother's. Now I have a Gamecube with 5 games, I hardly play it though.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It's an old cliche' but remember "it's the thought that counts" and she will still love every book.

You can even tell your wife about the special delivery of the last set of books in the entire world and how you met a guy who had an uncle whose 3rd cousin was able to get you on the rare waiting list........ :rolleyes: Assure your wife the small personal loan for the books will be paid off by next Christmas! ;)

It is an opportunity to have fun with the situation. :D

The embarrassing moment will come when they are advertised in a store very close to you next week at half the price! :eek: