mercury9.8 110 will not run at full speed

david ad

Recruit
can someone please tell me what year it is serial# 4606134 and it wont run at full speed . it will idle and run all day at about 3/4 -7/8 speed as soon as you get too full throttle it dies.carb has been rebuilt vent cap was open it will start backup it dies at full speed only please help sixinajeep@netzero.com

Laddies

Banned
Re: mercury9.8 110 will not run at full speed

It's a 1977 and still has carb or fuel pump problems

david ad

Recruit

thanks for the info one more thing the fuel lines from the tank and to the motor seem to be a little loose could it be sucking air.should they be super tight if you take the fuel line off the motor and pump the ball it leaks fuel at the connector.also how can i test the fuel pump and the connections. help please.

Laddies

Banned

If the fuel connecter leaks it could be the problem, to test the pump run the moter WOT and pump the bulb if the problem goes away chance are the pump is bad.

david ad

Recruit

i hate to sound dumb but what is WOT if it has anything to do with the shutoff switchs they have been taken off i have to choke it to turn it off thanks

david ad

Recruit

thanks again. that was dumb i but it all together after thinking about my problem .again thanks and god bless