Giving and good karma

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
It's the holiday season. We all get stretched a bit thin however, the one thing I tend to do every year is give things and cash away. Since I gave up smoking...... I consider what a carton of cigarettes now costs and what I have saved.

I know a gentleman who children had everything they needed and he went and spent $250 on toys, had them wrapped and dropped them off for Toys for Tots.

There is actually a Secret Santa roaming around in my town ...... at ramdom he walks up to people hands them an envelope and leaves. The envelope contains cash (up to $50) and last year this Secret Santa gave away $600 but this year he is going for $750. WCAX TV interviewed him and hid his "secret" identity.

Recently, we lost a great Moderator here on iboats. Lester sadly lest this world not as prepared as some. Have you looked at the Memorial Web site? There is yet another place to give. Everyone here at iboats should give this a look. This is related to one of our family. http://thelesterwrightmemorialfund.giving.officelive.com/default.aspx

I challenge everyone here to do thier part and give whatever is possible. You do not have to say what you gave or what you do for the "good karma" but I encourage everyone to participate.

Simple terms..... please give today.

Happy holidays.

mthieme

Captain
Re: Giving and good karma

Bob,
Put the URL in your post to make it easier for everyone.

Bob_VT

Staff member

Done :)

You know that tin can of change we have. I am always amazed at how fast it accumulates..... every little bit helps. I know I probably have over a gallon of pennies which is over $20.

nlain

Commander

I gave there last week. I hope there are many others that will help also, they have a lot to pay for right now.

Bob_VT

Staff member

This bump is for Lester.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i donated to the fund, now we need everyone else just to give, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, dollars. if every member donated a dollar, they would be out of debt.

"Unfortunately Lester thought he had insurance, but it turned out to be accidental death insurance only and funeral expenses really added up fast."
as lady fish said, in the original post.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

The Pay Pal option is quick and easy.;);):) Especially if you have an existing account.

nlain

Commander

The family does need everyones help the expenses are very high, please give what you can. Paypal is real quick, they have a setup on paypal just for this purpose and it will walk you through the steps. Just click the Lester Wright Memorial Fund thread link or the link in BobVT's post.

aspeck

Staff member

Bumping to the top ...

Bob_VT

Staff member

nudge.....

aspeck

Staff member

Time to be moved to the top again ...

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I did it the first day I saw it up there. I never met lester other than on here but he was a great man the world needs more Lesters.