Whats a good Blue Tooth for cell phone?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Wife wants a blue tooth accessory for her cell phone, and I just don't know what the good and bad models are. The phone is an LG Env (mode vx9900). I have been reading about them, and most blue tooth headsets are universal. The LG ENV supports blue tooth so thats not a problem. I just don't know what is good, better and best in blue tooth headsets.

Looking at the Motorola H500 or H700 models. Are these decient performers?

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mark

i386

Captain
Re: Whats a good Blue Tooth for cell phone?

I have a Plantronics one. It was the cheapest one they had when I bought it. It works fine. It's not that comfortable for extended use, but I only use it occasionally. It doesn't filter out background noise very well either. So If I have the window cracked in my truck, the person I'm talking to can hear the noise.

She may want something a little more fashionable than the bulky Motorollas. Take a look at this review. The new Jawbone one is supposed to be stuff.

http://www.slashgear.com/jawbone-2-review-1911687/

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Looking at the banner to the right of this thread is an advertisement for cell phone shop.net....thats funny...or just good timing..:D

They do have good prices,i buy all my phone stuff from them..

now its a Ford F150 add...:confused:

Xcusme

Commander

Mark,

I have the Motorola H500 and it works just fine. I can ride in the van with the passenger window down at Xway speeds and have no trouble hearing or being heard. I like the long standby and talk times too. My cell phone has voice dialing and I make calls via voice commands through the Bluetooth, pretty easy really. Another plus, it's so light, I forget I'm wearing it.

Dunaruna

Admiral

If it's just for the car, take a look at the blueant 3 with voice recognition.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Thanks to all for the great input!! I ended up ordering a Plantronics Explorer 340. Cheap stuff, so not a big loss when ( and I do mean "when", not "if") it gets lost.

UnregisteredUser

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have tried many wired headsets and Bluetooth headsets. I used to drive a big rig over the road, and as you can imagine, a big rig generates loads of background noise. Plantronics by far was the best headset for the money. You can pick them up at WalMart and Radioshack locally or from any number of online sources.

Edit, I didn't read the whole thread. I see you already got the Plantronics.