Need very good directions

Lesa

Recruit
Hello Everyone,

I just pulled my boat out of the water yesterday and brought it home until probably May.

This is my first winter with this boat. I bought her used and I don't think I got all the manuals. My mechanic told me to get the fogging oil and to use it, which I am more than willing to do, as N.C. winters can be rather damp. But I can't figure out exactly where to spray it.

I have a 2004 Yamaha outboard...115 V-4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Lesa

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need very good directions

Well, I am assuming the motor is a two-stroke since you didn't say F115(FourStroke), so you have carburators, you will have to remove the 'air box' from front of motor by removing all the screws in it(think 12), and GENTLY pull airbox away and inch or two, pull the two small hoses from the nipples on back of airbox and put box aside. Start engine on muffs and let warm for a couple of minutes, then set idle up to 1000RPM or so, spray each carb for 10 seconds, quickly reduce to low idle(need two people really) and continue spraying carbs each 10 more seconds and either fogging oil will 'choke' engine or kill the key. It's simple really, but anyone who really knows these engines will start it every other month and run for 5 minutes insead....exercisies water pump impeller, replaces stale gas in lines with relatively fresh from tank, etc, etc....can't beat starting the engine.

Lesa

Recruit
Re: Need very good directions

Well, I am assuming the motor is a two-stroke since you didn't say F115(FourStroke), so you have carburators, you will have to remove the 'air box' from front of motor by removing all the screws in it(think 12), and GENTLY pull airbox away and inch or two, pull the two small hoses from the nipples on back of airbox and put box aside. Start engine on muffs and let warm for a couple of minutes, then set idle up to 1000RPM or so, spray each carb for 10 seconds, quickly reduce to low idle(need two people really) and continue spraying carbs each 10 more seconds and either fogging oil will 'choke' engine or kill the key. It's simple really, but anyone who really knows these engines will start it every other month and run for 5 minutes insead....exercisies water pump impeller, replaces stale gas in lines with relatively fresh from tank, etc, etc....can't beat starting the engine.

Thank you for answering, you are so sweet to take the time.

I guess the 2-stroke vs 4-stroke is my bad. I thought the V-4 meant 4- stroke?

Anyway.

I am trying to edit this, cause I just tried, You are 100% right! XXOO
Once again...Thank You So Much!

Lesa

Thanks to iboats, the moderators and ALL the posters for making this place possible. The internet is a wonderful thing. Just ask my CornSnake, that is alive because of an online message board.

yamamarinetech40, you MADE my day!

Last edited: