Best place to buy bearings...

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a 99 EZ loader trailer with 15" 5 stud wheels where is the best place to buy the bearings ?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Best place to buy bearings...

You can probably find them right in the iboats Super Mall...

Otherwise,...
About any Auto Parts house will sell them to you,... You'll need the #s off the bearings...

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

If you have a farm store in your area try the automotive department. They are even cheaper than the auto parts stores.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i have even bought them in the boating section at Walmart. they have several sizes.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I normally go to Wal-Mart and get mine, I would use the iboats store but normally when i discover a problem it is right before a fishing trip and I can't wait on shipping.

JB25VIP

Seaman

ANY auto parts store will have the bearings you need, contrary to popular belief, auto parts stores have almost ALL the basic trailer bearings, races and seals, IN STOCK, just make sure you get a parts man who knows what he's doing and not scared to open a paper catalog to find them. Because if the man doesn't know what he's doing, he'll tell you he doesn't have them in stock while the parts you need sit on the shelf behind the counter 20 feet from him.

what i've found is About 90% of trailers use only about 10 different part numbers of bearings and seals which everyone keeps in stock!

mikeneal

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Like everyone said, there is 3 basic sizes for trailer bearings: 1.0", 1 1/16" and 1 3/8" DIA. I would bet you have 3500# axle and 1 1/16" outer and 1 3/8" inner bearing, but pull, it part and take bearings to autoparts or for even better quality bearings a local bearing supply store and they will match them up. I personalty dont really like the cheap mad ein china bearings you get a Wal-mart and places like that. I have used then in pinch but I really hate packing bearings and REALLY hate bearing issues even more and not all bearing sare made the same. So the extra 5 bucks a set or whatever for Timkin or some other higher end bearings is worth it too me. my 2 cents.

reelfishin

Captain

Walmart has bearings, as do most auto parts stores and tractor supply centers but you'll find better quality bearings at an industrial supply. I prefer American made bearings, especially on my larger trailers or those that see a lot of highway use.

backtothebeast

Recruit

+ one for wallyworld

For more HD bearings I would look online, may save you a little bit.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Industrial bearing supply house would be a good choice