It is Christmas Time,..Santa,I want a new Lund!

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Guys,...the "kid" in me is going to come out here for just a moment.

Dear Santa:
I have been doing my best to be a good guy,though it is sometimes hard to do around people I work with,...but anyway,I want to get back on the water next year and I would like a brand new Lund boat with a Honda motor on it.
I want one of either boat,...an A-14 with a 15 Hp Honda outboard and trailer,or a WC-16 DLX(that has livewell,and storage compartment)with a
25 HP Honda motor and trailer. I would be just as happy with the A-14 and 15 hp Honda motor,Santa. I am not asking for much,...just a simple little
fishing boat such as the A-14 will do me just fine,or the WC-16 will work if you see fit to let me have that one instead. You will need to put it in the parking lot as it will not fit under the christmas tree,much less in my apartment. Thank you!

Lundman

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: It is Christmas Time,..Santa,I want a new Lund!

Sorry Lundman, but like UPS, Santa does not deliver to P.O.Boxes, or parking lots, has to be to confirmed address.

kandil

Chief Petty Officer

I think no one told him that there is no Santa:mad: happy holidays

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Dear Lundman:
As you know the entire world is in an economic recession and that includes, the north pole. Like you, I need to watch my balance sheet. This year has been tough on my operation fiinancially. The left leaning politicians are complaining about global warming so naturally I'm worried about my entire operation falling through the ice and because of that my insurance carrier has raised my premiums. The threat of increased taxes on corporations by the incoming U.S. president has also made me review my operation and already I'm forced to lay off 200 of my elves. The cost of reindeer food has gone up tremendously, and the secret stuff that makes my sleigh and the reindeer fly is in short supply since the only manufacturer is near bankruptcy. I have severe arthritis and my drugs have gone sky high. Mrs. Claus has health issues and her medical insurance has also skyrocketed. So with everyone having to tighten their belts, including me, I'm afraid I have bad news for you. I cannot tote that Lund boat much less with the engine attached and of course the trailer has to go also. About the best I can do for you at this time would be a set of "floaties" that you put on your arms (commonly used by kids learning to swim). One other suggestion would be to get to know someone that has the Lund you want and beg a ride from them.
Sincerely -- Santa

chrisg

Chief Petty Officer

Love it!!!! can I print and post this in my office?

torijake

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Great response silvertip,good post lundman.Ok we all know the economy world wide is in the cr***per right now and we are all tightening up the so called belts financially.......But what if???? It wasn't!!! Getting back to Lunds post,what would you all want for your boat christmas wish list??Again just trying to lighten things up a bit and hope for better days to come!
John

torijake

Petty Officer 3rd Class

PS..To previuos post of mine,Lund wasn;t trying to hijack your post,just thought what you started might be fun.If
i did my apologies and disregard!
John..

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Oh well -- in that case I want a Chevy Tahoe (and I'm very likely going to get it). Geez, if you can afford it, now is the time. I drove through the local dealer today and saw a new pickup marked down to $30K from $41K. Would you believe I can trade my '02 S10 Crew Cab for an 02/03 Tahoe for no money to boot. The only penalty would be about 14,000 - 15,000 miles more on the Tahoe than my S10. SUVs have really taken a hit in this economy.

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Maybe Santa would agree to an older pre-owned Lund to make things easier
on the North Pole budget. I would accept that,...provided that the older Lund has a Yamaha motor in lieu of a Honda since I am not that familiar with older
Honda motors.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Dear Lundman

Sorry, but Santa doesn't deal in used stuff! Thats all I need is to have some grateful oaf come back on me because I dropped off a lemon. Just today I made a promo visit to Home Depot in Apple Valley, MN and I was really dismayed. You could have fired a cannon in that store and not hit anyone. Not one child in the store and very few adults. Silvertip stopped by to chat, offered to take me to lunch and then bought a couple of his own Christmas Gifts!

Santa

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Like I said before....
And I quote....
"Their are Santa's walking/Flying, amongst us".
Alright, not the direct quote but you get my meaning.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

:D:D:D

mthieme

Captain

I've been waiting for someone to start a 'Xmas Wish List' thread.
Would this be it?

PS - great rebuttal ST

chrisg

Chief Petty Officer

I got my Garmin Quest 2 GPS so I can now see how fast I'm going on my toon next year. The Wife said I found something else that can tell me where to go! :D

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The Good Lord Almighty seems to have very deep pockets since "he owns the cattle on a thousand hills". Nothing stops him no matter what this "earthly
economy"seems to do. He runs on a different economy,...his!' So,...having said that,...I will turn to him with my christmas wish,then. God makes all things possible(Sorry for all the religious tone. If I have offended anyone by it,...I am sorry),and that can include his providing a new Lund,or even a good used one.