Any Quaker Steak&Lube Fans???????????

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
If you have to ask you've never been.:p:p Frequented the original in Sharon PA back in the day. They just opened a franchise here (Greenville SC) and we're going to give it a try tonight. Best wing I've ever tasted.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Any Quaker Steak&Lube Fans???????????

Wow, I didn't realize it had gotten that widespread! I visited the original in Sharon as well back when I was in college. It was awesome. They opened one in Erie, PA (where I went to school) a couple years later. I have been to that one a couple times. Great place.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

ha....never heard of em.........i thought you had miss spelled. :D

i wonder how they got that name past the athourities :D

aspeck

Staff member

Yep, enjoy the wings. A bit noisey, but a fun place to eat!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Got one here. Been once. It's OK, but not as much fun as the Darryl's that occupied the premises previously.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

They are good, wherever they are!

Restaurant business is still doing well, and is thriving in most places.
I'd like to start a Quaker Steak and Prop, with boats hanging all over
the place, and marine artifacts all over. Only problem - no capital to
start with.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Naaah! I'll take a pass, i don't fancy eating a Quaker. Would the Lube be synthetic or Dino?:D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Well we did the hours drive to Q S&L. The place was well done, keeping with the originals decor/theme. It did however lack the feel and character of the original. As for the wings, they were first rate. The Tuesday special was all you can eat wings for $11.95. The initial serving is 8 wings (only 1 sauce type per order) subsequent orders (4 wings per) may be of any other sauce you care to try. A note of caution, the Atomic wings are NOT for the general public. The sauce is Habinaro pepper based, and more than plentiful. The hottest wings I've ever tried. Could ruin you night, if your not careful. As a marketing gimic QS&L requiers you to sign a release form prior to eating the Atomic wings. Once you eat them you a awarded a bumper sticker as a reminder. Though I fear a more painful reminder is yet to come.:eek::eek:

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

You will pay from eating those in the end......LOL!!!:p

aspeck

Staff member

Naw, the atomics are mear child's play! I downed a dozen of them one night and the waitress was looking on in disbelief. No problem at all. Very flavorful!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Naw, the atomics are mear child's play! I downed a dozen of them one night and the waitress was looking on in disbelief. No problem at all. Very flavorful!

I bow to the Atomic wing master.:):)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

a few years ago my buddie and i were into hot.....really hot...

there was a place here that made us habinareo hot wings....the waitress refused to carry them out from the cook to the table, it burned her eyes.....we had to pick them up cause they were too hot.......we loved em........

im glad someone is doing really hot stuff....most places wont touch hot

i dont eat as hot as i used to.........

i blame that on johny cash..............the ring of fire !!!!!.

aspeck

Staff member

Hey oops, I have noticed that as I get older, hot stays with me longer! I can't do what I once did! Those QS&L Atomics will, I am sad to admit, bring a little sweat to my brow now ... but a few years ago, no prob at all. And tums are needed at night if I even have a piece of pizza after 8 pm! Gone are the days of downing a garbage pizza and a thermos of coffee at 1 am and going to bed! Now I gotta watch the tomato sauces, extreme spice, and caffeine in the evenings. So if you want to go to QS&L, let's do it, but let's make it lunch! ;)

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

being one who resist street hot dog vendors and gas station coffee shop vendors as my food sources, its sanitary thing (here in NJ the attendants often pumps and vends the coffee.) The Appearance of Qstlulbe had me confused on my last trip thru PA, Ill try em out next time.