Johnson Motors Peterboro Canada

R.W.Roberts

Recruit
I have a Johnson Motors outboard " OK 15 Serial # 65459" , does anyone know the year and hp ? Thanks R.W.Roberts

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson Motors Peterboro Canada

I can't find a OK-15. The serial number puts it at 1927, but that might not be correct, considering it is a Canadian built motor.
OK-55 is a 8hp, 1931
OK-60 is a 7hp, 1932
OK-75 is a 8.1hp, 1935

wbeaton

Commander

This is where a Canadian comes in handy. Your motor is a 1947 8.1 hp. Johnson re-released the OK in Canada after the war. We only get the best.

As a side note, although its common to see it spelled Peterboro the proper way is Peterborough. You may find more OMC info using that spelling.

R.W.Roberts

Recruit

This is where a Canadian comes in handy. Your motor is a 1947 8.1 hp. Johnson re-released the OK in Canada after the war. We only get the best.

As a side note, although its common to see it spelled Peterboro the proper way is Peterborough. You may find more OMC info using that spelling.

Thanks, wbeaton, I had looked under Johnson Motors, but only found US built models, this has Peterboro cast into the flywheel cover, and Google corrected that spelling for me, but only showed info on boats for Peterborough. I have a 3hp Johnson motor almost the same features but it is 1931, did Johnson stay with that design into the late 40's ? This motor has a burst water jacket on one cylinder (salt water use) I expect to weld up a new jacket to repair it, unless somebody happens to have a good one? Richard

R.W.Roberts

Recruit

I can't find a OK-15. The serial number puts it at 1927, but that might not be correct, considering it is a Canadian built motor.
OK-55 is a 8hp, 1931
OK-60 is a 7hp, 1932
OK-75 is a 8.1hp, 1935

Thanks for looking , I came up with the same info, and the motor looks just like my 1931 Johnson 3hp, but this one has a three blade prop. The "OK 15", is very ledgible and so is the serial No. 65459 , it is interesting if Canadian made Johnson did build these after the war? Richard

wbeaton

Commander

Its definately Canadian built. They were built from left overs and sold in Canada. I think they made a couple small changes, but it should be pretty much the same as the 1930's OK's.

I don't own one, but I do have some photos of a nice original if you'd like. You can PM me your emil address and I'll send them out.

R.W.Roberts

Recruit

Thanks Wayne, I would like a real picture, and can compare with this salvage OK 15 engine.my email is,

EDIT: no allowed on open forum, use the PM system

wbeaton

Commander

Just click my name and send the address in a PM.