Having Problems Finding A Custom Boat Cover

buffdaddy110

Cadet
I'm having problems finding a cover to fit my boat, and need some suggestions. I've got a 2008 Crownline 210LS razor edition, with the stock wakeboard tower and extended swim platform. I was looking on iboats.com, overtons, and go2marine.com but they have nothing listed for 2008. I've heard that 2006 and 2008 are the same boat, but I can't confirm. I've found covers listed for 210 LS with extended platform, but no mention of the tower. I may have to go with a semi-custom cover, but would obviously prefer a custom one.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Having Problems Finding A Custom Boat Cover

crownline does not offer one? iboats.com, overtons, and go2marine.com are not necessarily custom covers, they are for several boat that have that configuration. custom, usually come from the boat manufacturer. or custom made.

buffdaddy110

Cadet

No, all I can get from crowline is the snap on cover I already have. i understand thatthe sites I mentiones arent exactly custon, but they're custom enough to fit good, and can be used for trailoring.

salty87

Commander

i bought a custom cover online once. it was made for the boat from the template and fit pretty good but i'd never trailer with it. way too much flapping. go with a local shop and a truly custom cover if you want to trailer it or just use the snap-on.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Have one made. Only way to fly if you want to trailer. There are a lot of off season specials for covers in my area. A lot of guys hurting too, so deals are to be had. I would poke around even Craig's List for deals.

buffdaddy110

Cadet

Trailering isn't really that important to me. The lake and river are close to the house and I usually tow with the cover off. I really want a good cover for when the boat is just sitting in the driveway, or when it's stored for the winter. The snap on cover still lets water in, and obviously doesn't cover enough of the boat for winter storage.

buffdaddy110

Cadet

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not having a problem finding something that will work for my boat, but I need something that will work with my wakeboard tower.

salty87

Commander

with the bleak economy, you might find a great deal locally. that would be the best cover.

you can still buy one online, take it and the boat to a local upholsterer and they can modify it for you. they should be able to give you a ballpark over the phone. it's a pretty common request.

QC

Supreme Mariner

take it and the boat to a local upholsterer and they can modify it for you
I've done this a number of times, and bought one of the iboats discount year end specials last year for a new boat that I will have modified when I get a round tuit . . . Since you are just looking for a stortage cover buy something close and have it modofied.

jacknbella

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where are you located and how far would you be willing to trailer your boat to get a custom cover made? I may know of a very good custom cover small business in Cedar Falls, IA. Please send me a private message if you are interested.