Are there any aluminum high-performance props?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I would like a bow-lifting prop for my 21 SeaSwirl/Johnny 150HP combo. Aluminum props are fine since with the shallow draft of the boat, I hardly ever hit bottom. Does such a product exist?

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: Are there any aluminum high-performance props?

Check out turning point propellers

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I doubt you'll find an aluminum prop that has the bow lift of something like a Turbo Lightning or even a Raker. What pitch are you looking for?

rightcoastrob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a pair of these hustler props on two merc 115 on a 22 ft fishing boat.The props looked like they was used to grind a stump when i bought the boat.I dont know what the original pitch on the props was.I belive they was around a 17.But at any rate i had no traction with the old props like i has spun hubs and i didnt.I had no bow lift what so ever so it took a second to plane out.Now with the new props a 19 pitch i can pretty much mash it out of the hole.I got a quite abit more bow rise.I have two big trolling plates off each motor and i hear they hold your bow down.And i belive i got a lil better gas milage.I highly doubt that they come close to a top dollar stainless prop but for what they cost.You cant go wrong run mine all summer now 100+hrs all the paint is still there.And they deffinatly make your exhuast flow a lil better u can hear that at an idle.But that is my opinion on the prop.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

I am interested in a prop with 17-19" of pitch. I have a standard Mercruiser prop on it now, and it has very little bow lift.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

We'll assume that you don't have a jackplate since you didn't mention one. For that application and overall use with good bow lift I'd suggest a Stiletto. Great props, decent lift.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Correct, no Jackplate.

Stiletto is Stainless?

Thanks for the suggestion.