1990 Force 90 HP ID question?

nvfishn

Cadet
Hello folks,

Have purchased supposed original 1990 Force on a 1990 Blufin, with what seems to be a stator problem, but cannot readily id the stator or the engine, other than a small white block on engine face #906X90B. (ID on mounting bracket has been scatched off) Found a listing for engine numbers that says is a 1990, but stator listings by various venders keep referring to number and letter series that suggest A, B, C engines, etc.

Does anyhone know for certain if, 1) this is in fact a 1990 number, and, 2) if so, does the B at the end actually identify the engine as a "B" so I can purchase the right(non-returnable) stator?

Anyone knowing would certainly be appreciated. Thanks,
Reno, Nvfishn

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 1990 Force 90 HP ID question?

According to this chart, 906X90B is a 1990 90 horse B model .

http://www.maxrules.com/ForceModels/90_150.html

I'm no expert but I've always assumed that the letter at the end of the model number indicates "A", "B" model etc. I've either been very lucky or been correct because I've always received the correct parts (so far).

nvfishn

Cadet

Thanks for the response - I have had many, many boats over the years and never knew about all of you on this site until today. Its a great relief to know that all of this experience is out there, and look forward to future conversation (and help!).

I actually had found the same source for the ID, but had been unable to find any reference to a "B" series stator available, so I was not sure that the B in the number actually meant what it apparently does (there are all kinds of A and C stators listed for a 1990).

I really appreciate the help.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yes, you have a 1990 B model.