XD 50 oil

Al-53

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 1983 35hp elcts and I have been using the Penzoil blend for the past summer since I just got the boat in July...now I have been offered to buy 3 gallons of XD50 in Quart bottles for 40.99 plus 20.00 to ship it...I like the Idea of the carbon guard in the oil..I have done the de carb on it twice this summer as it was never done according to owner..

now is this a good price for the oil..I have no Johnson dealers near me so its hard to get...I was hoping using this oil will help keep the motor in good shape since it runs so nice...

will this oil benefit me in keeping the motor clean

Thanks

AL

Al-53

Chief Petty Officer
Re: XD 50 oil

Thank you ezeke..I ordered the oil..3 gallons of XD50 for 60.00 shipped to my house...I like the Idea of the carb-X in the oil..I did a few searches on boat forums and read good reports on it...

The Penzoil went up here at wal-mart to 14.99 a gallon for the blend...so I guess for 5.00 more a gallon its a deal...

Thanks

Al

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class

We(local mechanics) often just say "yellow death" instead of Penzoil....you got a great buy. In the future(when you finally run out) you will get great results with Merc, Bombardier, Yamaha, or Suzuki products as well, the engines don't care what label is on it, long as it's got the good stuff(anti-ashing, anti-corrosion, etc, etc.)

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

I agree with Ezeke, I love the XD 50, and run it in all my outboards.