This is a tough day

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
34 years ago today on Nov 13th I married Karen. I have been reflecting on this all day.

Karen had passed away over 5 years ago and even though I am re-married I still miss her dearly.

KeyWestBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: This is a tough day

I know it's been 5 years but my condolences to you for your loss. You never forget but time does lessen the pain. I lost my Dad a few years ago. Sometimes I still have tears...

KWB

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

That is hard Bob...I feel for you.

I am sure Karen is looking down and smiling from the fact you still care and miss her.....God bless you Bob...;)

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Sorry to hear of your loss, I'm sure its very tough. They say time heals all wounds however there will always be significant times and events that you held dear that will remind you.

It sounds like you both loved each other very much and still keeping her in your thoughts will allow her to live on through your memories.

Wish you all the best at this tough time.

Benny1963

Lieutenant

sorry yur havin a bad day bob ,its hard to part with the ones you love ,i feel the pain from time to time its good to feel. it means our still alive ,
sorry for your loss,she must have ben very special,

LadyFish

Admiral

I'm sorry for your emotional pain Bob.

You just don't forget someone or how much you loved them because they are gone from this earth. You stay connected through memories, time spent together and love.

Your love was taken from you, you will mourn that forever no matter how content you are with your current wife who no doubt understands that fact.

Be at peace with Karen's physical absense by remembering her today, no need to suffer any guilt over it. Feel joy to have shared life's journey with Karen for 29 years and that you both crossed paths and joined together for better than half your life.

Give thanks and fill your heart and soul with thoughts of happy times with her.

puddle jumper

Captain

Bob she will always be in your hart and that what matters. Reflect on the good times you two had an hold them dear.:):)

zach103

Commander

34 years is a long time. you would be foolish to completely forget her. love the memories you have with her as much as you love your new wife. and im sorry for your loss

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Bob,
Twentynine years of marriage, friendship, and life is some thing to be cherished and celebrated. I'm am sorry for you pain and loss.

dear bob ,
I am sorry for your loss.After so long ,it must be like losing a part of your
self.Embrace these feelings and know you are human.
H.T.

ebry710

Ensign

I am glad she is still living in you. She couldn't have ask to find a better person than a man to carry her love with him even when she is in the company of angels.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

bob.....

i saw this post hours earlier.

didnt know what to say........still dont.

your in my thoughts and prayers

ward

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Thank you everyone.

I appreciate the comments and I know Karen would have too.

aspeck

Staff member

Bob, sorry I missed this one yesterday ... Karen was very special, and I know you love her dearly. Keep the memories and cherish them, but don't forget to cherish Jenn as well ... she is also very special. Make sure she does not feel like she is second place, or has to compete with those memories.

I know she understands and loves you, as you do her. And I know she understands your love for Karen ... probably one of the characteristics that attracted her to you. But make sure TODAY Jenn feels special.

Your one of the good guys, Bob, and there aren't many of us left!