1997 crownline 225 BR

phil gavern

Recruit
Hello,
I am looking to replace my wooden dashboard (that holds gauges) It is curved . Can I buy an exact replacement ? Thanks in advance , Phil

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1997 crownline 225 BR

seriously doubt it. you might contact crownline.

Stoutcat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The other option is to make it yourself by either cutting to shape, steaming or laminating... Can you post some pics and/or measurements?

Alan

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class

This company is going to fabricate an exact replacement out of acrylic for my FW.

http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Labor

They have multiple colors and thickness options available. They will also laser-cut and polish the edges. You can either send them a rough sketch with specs, or he said you could also just trace the old dash face onto some large drawing paper and send it to them and they will take it from there. The prices are good as well.

phil gavern

Recruit

Hello,
Thanks all for your responses........been a big help...Phil

Sorry to drag an old thread out of the basement but I have the same issue and was wondering if you got your dash fixed Phil. If so, who did you use and how did it turn out?
My gauge panel is falling off the actual dash. The screws have ripped out of the dash and either stripped or broke the screw holes that hold the 2 pieces together.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats!

Well I seriously doubt you will get a response from Phil...... the post above was the last time he was hare and that is one year ago!

Post a few snapshots of what is going on and we can help you. We have many methods to help you along with true repairs (not just band aid type)that will last and you will be proud of. DIY helps the wallet too!

Much appreciated. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get some shots, she's all covered up right now.
Thanks for the quick reply!