Saving a 9-Teen, and saying hello to you folks

Oak

Recruit
The first hardtop 19 I'd seen was in Jackson, Mississippi on the Ross Barnett Reservoir. 1997. It belonged to a friend of mine, and I thought it was such a cool boat. We both moved to other places. The subject of what happened to the hardtop boat never came up again, after he shot me a price that I couldn't afford, but the boat was worth it. I just had too many other headaches I couldn't unload at the drop of a hat. Can I get a witness? Ha!

Lo and behold, sometime around the first of September this year, I was surfing Craigslist Memphis...there was this ragged hardtop. I knew better, I really did, but the magnetic draw was more than I could withstand. After two months of bartering and bantering, the owner of the boat wound up with a John Deere mower, and I wound up with the 9-Teen boat. Let's see...this is Monday am, I arrived here with the boat late Friday. It was what I would call a fair deal. Will inspect later.

In the meantime, I'd noticed the Aristocraft needed more than a touch up, power wise. I'd already traded for an Adventure ski boat with a Merc 120. Traded a non running four wheeler for that one. Parts boat, I figured, and a good trailer to boot. So far, so good. Got it parked in place and will look later.
Well, tomorrow..or today...Monday, I'll go out and assess. Did all of this in one 600 mile weekend.

Boats and trucks are backwards to me, the way I approach rebuilding. What I mean is, I'll assess the boat, then work on the cosmetics and structure, if it warrants it. Then do the power train. Trucks...I go from the frame up. Well, whatever works, you know.

On another note, I've surfed this site since September, when I found the 9-Teen. Some of you folks, I feel like I already know.

Let's see...I was wondering if there's a serial number list that I can plug into. I have not a clue as to the year of my boat...well, I have an idea or two, but that doesn't count. It has not a hull number. The serial number on the sticker states 2646051...I figure 69-70 or so, but someitmes my figures are askew....like the way I live day to day, haw!

The starboard windshield is broken out, and there are numerous ills..and by the way...I like the idea of the aft curtain, Scott. I'll have one of those.

That's about it for now. Just saying hi and I speck I may be hanging around here for a spell. I look forward to shooting the bull with y'all.

Oak

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Saving a 9-Teen, and saying hello to you folks

Hey there Oak,
Sounds like you are a barterer at heart!! I dont think i have ever heard of so much trading!!

Onto your boat.
Your boat just had a birthday. your boat was built thursday October 9th, 1969. It was shipped to Memphis Tenn.

We the windshield panels when you need them.
The aft curtain template is at our upholster so as soon as we hear back a price i will post it.

Now go take some pictures!!

Scott

ziggy

Admiral

cool, another nineteen fan.... congrats on your new to you boat oak. cool, a 1969. that's gettin pretty close to the 1st year of the nineteen. pretty cool to have the oem around too ay? not many folks that have a 69 boat that can still get the proper windshield... aristocraft has been most helpful to me. give scott a call.... i agree with him too.
Now go take some pictures!!
we all wanna see too... :) what color did you get?

so the 120 in the parts boats is destine for the nineteen? is that what it had in it?

sounds like your doing repairs in the proper order to me. boat first, then mechanical. if ya have questions on your repairs, this iboats fourm is a great source of info. the restoration forum, and the mercruiser fourm will be places that ya'll want to hang out on and ask questions. here's an example of the types of things ya can find info on here on iboats.. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=251571
you'll want #1. you'll find all the mercruiser repair info in there...

can't wait to see your boat man...

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

according to our records his boat was shipped with the 120. Its a white on white hull with an olive top and olive interior.