info on john allmand boats

rickics

Cadet
I am new to iboats,:) i purchased a 1969 25' allmand boat this past summer (needs to be restored) i was wondering if anybody has any info if these were good boats or has ever owned one. i was able to find a web site that showed the history of them being built in Florida, but really wanted to know how they handled. any info would be great, thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: info on john allmand boats

they were and still are a fantastic boat. they were one of the most popular off shore boats built in Florida. there are still alot of them around.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

they were and still are a fantastic boat. they were one of the most popular off shore boats built in Florida. there are still alot of them around.
Absolutely !! They were built like a tank. If you have the model with the single engine package ( they didn't make that many due to its weight ) you will find it a little sluggish. The larger flybridge models were rather clumsy with a beam sea but all in all just as TD sez !!
Good luck with your restoration and take a lot of pictures!!

rickics

Cadet

thanks for the input guys, my boat has the single engine and i am in the process of building a new one with a little extra hp

fluke88

Seaman Apprentice

good boat, good luck with your restoration, a friend of mine had one
WAS A LITTLE JEALOUS!!!!!!