1976 sea ray sc 200

bandondunes

Recruit
I found one of these boats for sale. It is $1500, motor runs great. Interior could use some work but other than that looks great. Is this a good deal? It has a 351 in it, and 500hrs. Are parts easy to get for this motor, how much does the boat way approx. How about the fuel economy? I am pretty new to boat owning, though I have been around them my whole life. I am just looking for a boat to take the family tubeing/skiing with thanks for any advice suggestions!

bandondunes

Recruit
Re: 1976 sea ray sc 200

I know it is kinda a vague question, but I mainly want to know about the motor. a 233 merc? Is this a good motor. (easy to work on, find parts, reliable) I think I would probably end up re-doing the inside of the boat anyways. I like the year! Thanks

nlain

Commander
Re: 1976 sea ray sc 200

A lot of things come in to play here, this is a very old boat, what kind of water has it been run in, what was the maintenance schedule, what is the parts availability, closed cooling or rwc, I would be concerned about the engine and drive lifespan. I think I would look for something newer with less work to be done as well as better parts availability, spend your money on a better boat. To get better engine and drive answers go up the the proper section (forum) and post your questions there and give as much info as you can.