Living in a post-election world

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander
So, since the election will be over tomorrow... If your guy (whomever that may be) loses, will you give the winner of the election a chance, or will you complain from the get-go?

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant
Re: Living in a post-election world

The problems facing us are to important to waste four years with political bickering.

No matter who wins, I expect a team player, who crosses party lines, bridging differences, to work on and achieve solutions for the common good of the U.S.A.

Kindergarten whining has no place at this level.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

The problems facing us are to important to waste four years with political bickering.

No matter who wins, I expect a team player, who crosses party lines, bridging differences, to work on and achieve solutions for the common good of the U.S.A.

Kindergarten whining has no place at this level.

You expect it, but will you give it?

Being brutally honest with myself, I have to say that I probably wouldn't give the other guy a chance. The first thing that would go through my mind would be "We're really screwed now".

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"We're really screwed now" this should be said about the current situation. unfortunately, who ever wins has a long road inorder to correct the past. at present, i have more friends out of work, than ever.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

You expect it, but will you give it?

Being brutally honest with myself, I have to say that I probably wouldn't give the other guy a chance. The first thing that would go through my mind would be "We're really screwed now".

Yes I will.

I manage very large projects that run on tight non-flexible timelines. There is always a loser and a winner in the teams involved in these projects. We don't have the luxury of arguing for four years before getting on with the work at hand. Either you put your personal difference aside, for a common goal or you fly off the team. If you continue to argue, you cease to be heard.

If we can do it, I expect the leader of the free world to be able to also.

aspeck

Staff member

I am afraid that if my side loses, the other side will try to correct problems that are 1) Constitutionally NOT the job of the Federal Government and 2) that the President really has no bearing or effect on. I would much prefer that Government back out of many of the programs and things that are trying to mettle in. This isn't a slam on one party or the other ... really both parties are doing it in too big of a way. I better shut up now ,,, I am trying not to get too political ...

To answer the question, I will TRY to give them a chance, but realistically, probably won't.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

The bail out of the banks will cause the economy to slowly improve and stock prices will rise. This recovery will be attributed to the new administration. When stifling taxes cause small business to start failing, and the average American to stop buying goods and services, this will be attributed to the policies of the previous administration.

Give credit where credit is due. Beat the crap out of them when they screw up. The more important and critial your job is, the more painful failure should be.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I've lived in 18 post-election worlds. Some got worse, some got better.

I will complain if whomever screws something up, and hope for the best.

One thing I will not do is blame him for stuff that he didn't do.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

First we have to EARN the right to complain........

Remember to participate ............

VOTE or don't complain!

Yup it is that simple! :D

aspeck

Staff member

Wife is voting now ... when she gets back I will be taking my Mom to vote (and I will do the same). Oldest kids (25 & 23 are supposed to be voting today ... I think I have successfully brainwashed them ;) :D ... so I am doing my part to allow me to complain when whoever wins messes up!

oddjob

Commander

I wont complain. I 'll get to do alot of fishin instead of working. Barry's gonna pay my mortgage.

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I wont complain. I 'll get to do alot of fishin instead of working. Barry's gonna pay my mortgage.

Thar she blows!!! Kindergarten whining at its finest!

mthieme

Captain

First we have to EARN the right to complain........

Remember to participate ............

VOTE or don't complain!

Yup it is that simple! :D

You should hear George Carlin's opinion of this.

Tyme2fish

Commander

I guess it comes with getting older, but for the first time in my life I'm seriously worried about the future of this U.S.A.

One candidate just scares the beejesus out of me.

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

No matter who wins:

When they make decisions that are "clearly" damaging to this country, be it political, security, or moraly, I will appose them.

When they make decisions that "clearly" benefit this country, be it political, security, or moraly, I will chear them on.

i386

Captain

I guess it comes with getting older, but for the first time in my life I'm seriously worried about the future of this U.S.A.

Me too, except it has nothing to do with either one of them.

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

I don't see where we have much choice but to move ahead. Although one will undergo more scrutiny than the other. But, if we could continue on after the issues that Carter had to try to deal with, anything is possible.

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The thing is, I felt the exact same way four years ago. And for me, I'd have to say that both the "other guy" and his running mate scare the bejesus out of me.

Caveman Charlie

Chief Petty Officer

I did vote. And, I won't complain. What good does that do anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.