Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
See not all cold weather is bad. :D

Killington?s trick or treat - Slopes open Sunday
11:56 a.m.
October 31, 2008

Staff Report

Killington Resort has announced its own treat this Halloween.

The slopes will open for skiers and boarders Sunday, two weeks earlier than planned.

Communications Manager Tom Horrocks said the resort is opening as a result of a massive snowmaking effort by resort employees over the past couple days with freezing or near-freezing temperatures resulting in snow coverage sufficient for good skiing and riding.
Horrocks said Killington Peak received 10 inches of snow Tuesday and Wednesday. The ski area started making snow early Tuesday morning.

For an up to the minute snow report and information on the resort?s opening, see www.killington.com.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: COLD? Slopes open Sunday in VT

i can't water ski on that stuff.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

haha... why would you want to???? water skiing is water skiing..... alpine skiing is more like flying!!!

LadyFish

Admiral

When I was in Ski Club a few years ago ;), Killington was my favorite palce to ski. :)

At least one type of business should do well this winter with such an early start.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

When I was in Ski Club a few years ago ;), Killington was my favorite palce to ski. :)

At least one type of business should do well this winter with such an early start.

LF they are ownd by a company in Utah since last year and doing very good. It appears so far that there are more positive things then with the last company.

Ramshead is about 25 minutes from my door in West Rutland.