Minn Kota PowerDrive 765 mx Turbo control board

hunter6726

Cadet
My control board is bad in my Minn Kota PowerDrive 765 mx. Minn Kota is telling me the control board is no longer available. The wiring shorted and burned out my variable speed. The motor only runs at full speed. I also have a Minn Kota PowerDrive Pontoon (54 lb thrust). The pedals from both motors will work on the pontoon. Why will a newer board not work in this older (92-93) motor?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Minn Kota PowerDrive 765 mx Turbo control board

:confused: HUH??

What I read does not compute. If the control board is kaput how does it (the pedal assembly) work the motor on the 'toon?

Need clarification.

I have had a couple of 765MXs. They were pretty rudimentary compared to the later PD motors.

hunter6726

Cadet

The only thing not working is the variable speed. The motor is full speed no matter where I set it. I heard it short. The wires pulled off of the tabs and something crossed. I could also smell it burn. I hooked them back up.

JB

Well, I used to have a spare controller for a 765MX. Bought it on eBay when they stopped making them.

Some err, um, "gentleman" posted on here that he had the same problem you have. I PMed him that he could have mine for paying shipping. He agreed so I shipped it to him and PMed him what I paid to ship it.

Never heard from him and he never came back on the forum.:mad:

If I still had it I would want $100 plus shipping, in advance. I don't, so don't offer.

There may be a twidget out there who can replace your pulse generator or someone who has a board with a good pulser you can buy, or you may get lucky and find a busted one that still has a good board. Watch for PMs. Offering or cutting deals on the forum is not allowed.

Those things break boards pretty often. Most often it is the microswitches that go. Count yourself half fortunate that it still runs at full speed and you can steer it.

hunter6726

Cadet

If anyone can help me find one of these control boards, please PM me.

Any idea why the newer one will not work.

JB

The later ones are a different design, Hunter. Less vulnerable to water, stronger switches and power switching device. They use a different plug to prevent using old ones or plugging the new one into an old unit. Sure would be nice if they made an adapter.

Please note that it is the microswitches that go most often. A board that will control motor speed but not steer has a good pulser/power switch that could be transferred to your board.

hunter6726

Cadet

EDIT: solicitation to buy or sell are not allowed in the forum, Hunter. Neither are Email addresses. I thought I made that clear above and by editing above.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

Check trollingmotorparts.com. They have the entire foot pedal for the MXT series for about $75.