bilge pump

daviscfad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was wondering if anyone knew what bilge pump is a good one for the money? I have a 21 ft 4 winns and need a new one that will fit under my i/o motor at the aft of the boat. I would like an electric one that works well and is a good price! I checked the search forum but came up with nothing so please forgive me if this has already been covered.. Thanks

tmartin

Seaman Apprentice
Re: bilge pump

I like the Ultimate Combo 1000. http://www.iboats.com/Mayfair_Johns...25447447--**********.742689641--view_id.56927
I think it's the biggest pump that will attach to standard 3/4" plumbing and the "no moving parts" float switch should be less prone to cause trouble.

I love these units! I install them all the time and prefer these over other brands. They are easy to replace IF they crap out and their water sensing switch is darn reliable! I own two of them myself.

As a side note, be careful which auto-bilge pump you get. The older auto ones would not have an auto float switch or anything! They would turn themselves on every 3-5 minutes and see if there was any strain on the motor. If there was, they would stay on for a while. They were HORRIBLE on batteries! How would you like to keep your boat in the water and find it nearly sunk because your battery was dead after one month.

daviscfad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: bilge pump

what is the dimenisons on the mayfair.. height and all