Johnson controls

JeffSmith

Seaman Apprentice
So I finally got a set of controls for my old Johnson outboard. Got them on Ebay thinking I was getting a good deal...HAH not a chance! They are so corroded it isn't even funny. I am trying to take them apart because I need to replace one of the cables, and NONE of the hardware will come loose. Long story short, the inside of this thing is terrible, but, it's what I have so I need to make it work...shouldn't be too bad I am hoping. There is a piece that I need to replace, I have no idea what it is, or even where to get it. It is held in with two screws. It is round, plastic around the ring of it, The middle where the two wires are supposed to be attached is grean, and the other side is silver. Any ideas or suggestions (aside from buy a decent set of controls!)? Thanks!!

JeffSmith

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Johnson controls

I was just fiddling with it, and got the plastic retainer off of the metal can type object, if that helps narrow it down any! I dunno!!!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I hope you gave the seller negative feedback!

It pretty hard to help you without knowing which remote control you have. Can you post pics?

JeffSmith

Seaman Apprentice

I will try and figure out how to post pics in the day or two...I haven't had any luck when I have tried in the past. It says Command Center on it.

Here is the ebay item number, I think it can still be viewed...200259928346