91 Fastrike wants to stall ????

albass

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Recently rebuilt the carbs and did a linc and sync and thought all was well but last week and this week took the boat out started fine and ran great to the 1st spot fished about 1/2 hour went to move and when I put it in gear it stalled 3 times same thing after the 2nd spot runs great at WOT and evrything else as long as I can get over the stall could it be something other than gas??? need some imput

James R

Commander
Re: 91 Fastrike wants to stall ????

Sounds like one or more of the carbs has a blocked idle jet or is incorrectly adjusted.
You dont say what year model it is so I dont know if there is an adjustment.

albass

Petty Officer 2nd Class

model # is J150GLEI serial # is 02956027 would the carbs have to be taken off again and would I have to linc and sync again after and can I put an additive to take care of it?

marlinmadness

Recruit

just a long shot ,check to see if you have a micro switch that prevents you starting your motor in gear.if it is sticking a little it can cause stalling like that.

albass

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Where would I find this micro switch???

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

that is a long shot, it is in the controller. yes the carbs has to come off.

albass

Petty Officer 2nd Class

someone mentioned power pac is there a way to test this without just replacing it and could this be part of the problem or does it sound just fuel related how can I isolate the problem ???