Boat 4 sale your thoughts

gbb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Please take a look at this boat and let me know your thoughts. Is it a good brand boat, are these self bailing? I think I would rather but it without the motor, sounds like it already has problems. What do you great ones think a good price would be to offer on this with or without motor?

Thanks Guys

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/boa/888548592.html

Last edited:

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Boat 4 sale your thoughts

McKee is a good boat. Agree with you, consider the hull only. Figure it is a saltwater set up or at least brackish del. bay water. If the hull is good, 1K or 1500 tops. Motor and trailer are of no value. LOAD RITE trailers are built in FAIRLESS HILLS near LANGHORN. They might sell right out of the factory now. FRED

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class

That boat will sell for the advertised price in the area, fairly quickly. I wouldn't expect much haggle room.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

trailer value, $200. looks to be galvanized.

mthieme

Captain

I have a 14' McKee Classic and am very happy with it...safe and stable.

MikDee

Banned

McKee craft are built in the style of a Boston Whaler, only stronger I'm guessing. Any one I looked at, was rated to handle more hp then the Whaler. They appear to be a good boat. Setup the way it is, it's about a 45mph boat.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

That boat will sell for the advertised price in the area, fairly quickly. I wouldn't expect much haggle room.

Agree. The boat would make a good back river boat or a crabbing skiff

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If it turns out to be nothing major with the motor.....the 88 johnyrude is a great motor

gbb

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I e-mail the guy yesterday and still haven't heard anything, maybe he sold it already. I'm looking for a small boat like that for the back bays of Chincoteague VA. Lots of sand bar there.

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well keep looking, I suspect he sold it. Before you posted, I had even sent that listing around to a few people that I knew were looking too. I had seen it listed before he recently painted the bottom. Any console-type open boat under $4000 tends to fly off the shelf in the bay area. Especially the small McKees and Whalers.

I looked for a long time in that size range (15-16.5 ft) and that was a good price for the area. I wanted something a bit smaller on the engine side (40-70 HP) and ended up with the Henry O McKee in my profile for ~ the same price range.

Jim ford

Recruit

Please take a look at this boat and let me know your thoughts. Is it a good brand boat, are these self bailing? I think I would rather but it without the motor, sounds like it already has problems. What do you great ones think a good price would be to offer on this with or without motor?

Thanks Guys

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/boa/888548592.html

can I correct U... guys and (gals) peops... there are a lot of gals out there handling their own rigs Sorry I a smoker 50" glad to join your forum cheers!
We have some good boats for sale here in the Sidney,B.C. area
I am not a broker