6hp 75 OMC Waterpumps/ImpellorTub/Gaskets

Saltnz

Recruit
Hi I have a 75 6hp Evinrude and a donor exactly the same. It was pumping water fine, I noticed the lower unit was leaking oil swapped it over with the donor lower unit cleaned up the surfaces and put the alloy Housing cover, impeller and plate back. No longer pumping my guess no seal for pressure. I am trying to obtain a gasket set, but running into some confusion. In the manuals they indicate a tub that houses the impeller, I have not seen a tub in either of the 2 water pumps I have disassembled. I have been communicating with someone who has parts in New Zealand through a site like eBay and he is indicating I only need a gasket for a plastic housing and that should have a tub for the impeller and all I need is sealant if I have an alloy Housing cover and that has an integrated tub. Did OMC change the water pumps at some time and why in the manuals I can see the is a tub to house the impeller and my alloy Housings have an integrated tub? I have an alloy pump housing cover, impeller in good condition and plate, what else do I need?
PS One of the threads for the screws holding the housing down seems stipped. I was just going to take it to a garage and get it the thread tapped. Is this the best course of action?
Thanks