New to us 1975 Silverline 25ft cabin cruiser

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander
My father just swapped a 1993 F-150 Ford full size extended cab truck for this cabin cruiser, he was asking $2500 for the truck, the owner of the boat was asking $2500 for it.

The truck had transmission issues and the boat might have some major motor problems not for sure yet, eather way my father was and still is willing to overhual the motor which is a 351 Mercruiser from what the owner said. Don't know what kind of profit could be made off of this boat.

I just have a couple of questions.

If it came down to it would an Alpha one outdrive work on the back of this
V8?

We was told that this is a ford motor but after talking to other people about it we was told that it might be a GM. Which is it? I know if it is a 351 then it is a ford but. I can get the serial number if needed.

Picture523.jpg

I'll try to get more pics if you all would like.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New to us 1975 Silverline 25ft cabin cruiser

A Ford engine has the distributor on the front of the engine, GM has the distributor on the back.
The Ford 351 (aka 233 model) used a 1.32 gear ratio drive, not a 1.50.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New to us 1975 Silverline 25ft cabin cruiser

Well the distributor is in the front. The previous owner of the boat is a ford fanatic, he is a wiz on ford motors so I guess I shouldn't of doubted him when he told us the engine size. He just didn't have time and lost interest in the boat that's why he got rid of it.

The motor did try to fire up when we was checking the boat out a while back but it was getting dark and the starter battery was going dead so we quit. The next day my dad pulled the dip stick out and seen that it had water in the oil, now we didn't have muffs or anything hooked up all we was trying to do was run the motor for a minute, so the water must have been in there all along.

All the cylinders have around 65 to 75 pounds of compression when we first checked the boat out.