Link and Sync

WTL

Seaman
Sorry I have to ask for help again, but the manual I have is in greek relative to this procedure. I have an 86 28 horse Johnson and I have no idea if I have the throttle adjustment synced to the timing advance. I just put it back the best I could and it runs, but gets very hot - could be lean? Might hear a little high pitch pinging at high RPMs as well. Does anybody have the procedure for correctly setting this up and could they put it in 8th grade english? I would really appreciate it.

jonesg

Admiral
Re: Lync and Sync

Dunno, but ask Joe Reeves and don't melt a piston by running it in the meantime and...get a factory service manual....they're really clear.

...bump

WTL

Seaman

I might have it now, thanks for the bump though.

I bought a CD off ebay with a manual but its awful.

I googled some terms and got a much better explanation for free...we will give it an easy test run when it stops raining. Its running like a kicked dog, just hot, it would be a shame to burn it up. Maybe somewhere down the line someboyd will use the search feature and find something useful.

http://books.google.com/books?id=YNEXXbQLr8IC&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=cam+timing+evinrude+throttle&source=web&ots=KUFSI-UNkq&sig=O_Uoydz7RUkM6cvnUOo33vS2A5M&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result