1990 Glastron 175 'RESTO PROJECT'

Chris Hays

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi all, here are a few pics of my current project, its a 1990 Glastron Sierra 175, with a 3.0l Mercruiser inboard and Alpha one outdrive. Since i finally got it titled in my name, http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=216977&highlight=glastron, I have already replaced the deck, (as it was rotten), and rebuilt the trailer, im now moving onto attaching the Gimbal housing, (as old one was broken), and rebuilding the engine, (cylinder water damage:(), Not shown in pictures but for the deck i cut old one out with circ saw set to 1/2" depth, used old section as template and cut new piece from marine ply. Painted both sides of deck with outdoor marine type weather resistant paint then installed. Glassed over seam around deck and glassed in new lateral stringer for front engine mount. Drilled holes in deck with a 1" hole saw and filled lower cavities with foam. Upholstery all needs to be recovered but thinking of going the more modern look with less flashes and colour stripes everywhere, maybe just white seats with one section of red, etc. Transom is solid although oil leaking from u-joint area has soaked into the wood around lower edge of opening, but poking with screwdriver reveals no harm done. Any tips, advice or words of wisdom will be extremly welcome!!!:)
boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: 1990 Glastron 175 'RESTO'

Re: 1990 Glastron 175 'RESTO'

Welcome this is the place for you !looks lie you got some work to do !!keep us posted on how its going !! John

redfury

Commander
Re: 1990 Glastron 175 'RESTO PROJECT'

Yay for glastron restorations! :D I like those body cradles you are using...very slick! Are you going to repaint the whole boat?

Chris Hays

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I think the outer surface of the boat will polish up pretty good with some elbow grease, as for the inside i will paint all the deck/hull sides, then carpet it. Thanks for looking!!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

the pjoto bucket images are no longer there

Chris Hays

Petty Officer 3rd Class

OH, what could have happened?? I can see them on my computer, what should i do??

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Oh where oh where are the photos ?????