Where is my Gas tank located

andy h

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought a 1994 glassport In/Out all went well except for it ran for 3 or 4 seconds after I shut it off? But also the fuel guage does not work I checked the wire connections at the guage. I wanted to check the sending unit and I don't know where my tank is located? This is my first non Outboard so this tank in the floor is new to me is there a cover or something I lift to access to it?

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Where is my Gas tank located

See if you can follow the big hose from the gas fill, usually it's a short run from there to the tank as that hose is expensive. Typically all the connections (fill hose, vent hose and sending unit) are close together. Some manufactures put in an access cover to get to these.

ndemge

Commander

on my '82 celebrity.... about 2 feet in front of engin compartment on floor is a big round access panel.. about 8" diamater.. my fuel tank is under that. Big screwdriver to pry it up... if you have this, be carefull, there is a big o-ring around it to keep it water tight

dragracer

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Same deal here.....tank access panel is in front of engine and underneath the rear seats. Have to practically stand on your head to get to it. :D

andy h

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys, I found the tank it was located in the front between the two front seats. When they layed down the new carpet they covered the access panel. It was a simple fix the float was just stuck up I just pushed it down to the top of the gas and cleaned the slidey doohickey and it's good as new :D