I would like to have a repair and parts manual for it. Can anyone tell
me what year model it is? If I know the year than I can order the correct
manual.

Thanks

Jim

Safebet

Cadet
Re: Need A Rapair Manual

Thank You, so much for the reply. The website you have provided is just what I needed.

I may be submitting further questions concerning this motor, later. The motor is in excellent shape, I just want to tear it down and replace the water pump and lube and repair the recoil starter. There was a few drops of water that came out in the lower unit with the oil. I may have a bearing or seal leak. This engine hasen't been run in about two years, and so I just want
to check it out thoroughly before putting it back into the water.

When we put it up, we ran it completely dry of fuel, then stored in the
garage.

Thanks, again.

Jim

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if you are speaking of few drops in lower unit oil, when changing. get the seals that go on the drain and fill screws. brp part 311598, get several so you will have them. should be changed every time the plug is pulled.

Safebet

Cadet

Thanks, will do. I live in East Texas. Who is a good source for parts for my engine? I would like to replace the water pump, impeller and any "O" rings and bushings. I have searched the IBoat parts section without a great deal of luck. I found a Impeller Repair Kit (Sierra 18-3210) but, I'm not sure if that's the right part because it is listed for a 1983 4 hp, mine is a 1985. I would like to find a place where I can buy parts online.

What does the BRP stand for?

Thanks

Jim