Mastercraft Inboard fitting for Flush....

frustratedboater

Chief Petty Officer
Need Help!

I just purchased an 85' Mastercraft Competition Ski Boat with a Ford 351 engine. I am not sure how to hookup, or attach a hose, to flush the engine when used in salt water. Can anyone assist me on where and/or how?

I had found the water pickup just under the direct drive in the bottom hull and followed the hose to the water pump on the engine, but there is no fitting for a hose anywhere. I'm stumped! I afraid to run the engine without it....

~FB~

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mastercraft Inboard fitting for Flush....

Just hook a flusher to the water pickup while the boat is on the trailer. There are several kinds on the market.

frustratedboater

Chief Petty Officer

Hey thanks much. It's 9pm eastern time and just bought this boat 3 hours ago in MD. I asked the 'owner' on how to flush and he wasn't sure... That scares me.. Thanks for the help,

~FB~

salty87

Commander

those work but are a little tough to get under there to reach.

you were right to not run it without water though, good job.

i spent 30 mins in home cheapo and made this...it connects to the transmission cooler inside the boat
HoseBoat.jpg

perko also makes a flush kit that you install on the boat. add the attachment to the transom so you hook the hose there, install the rest inside the boat. i'm sure iboats sells it.

frustratedboater

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks so much for your suggestions, as I will be using this boat in brackish, to more salt water, I am thinking of installing a nice brass hose adapter for the engine. Perhaps a through-hull, under the swim platform, attachment for that easy attach and easy flush job? I like your suggestion for the trans flush attachment. I didn't even get the chance to really look it over yet, but that is the first thing I want to invest in!

I was poking around a a link that I found on Mastercraft's site and saw that there is a saltwater version that has a closed water cooling system. I don't want to go that far in converting over. The cost would be ridiculous. I'll have to find that "transmission cooler hose" on Saturday. It would be nice to have the book on that year.

Could I put in a brass "T" and make the connection there, so I can lift the hatch, and hook up the hose..? What are your suggestions on that?

salty87

Commander

you can t in there also. look for your intake hose on the bottom of the hull near the driveshaft and follow the hose to your transmission cooler.

this is probably what you want for regular use....
39356.gif

http://www.iboats.com/Flush_Pro_Inb...23773795--**********.231387531--view_id.39356

***if you don't have a strainer on your water intake, you want to add one. it will go before the transmission cooler too.