livewell hoses leaking...HELP !

93SNS

Recruit
I have a 1993 19' sea nymph stinger deck boat....aluminum-riveted hull. The rivets aren't the current problem (but it looks like they will be in the future by all of the leakers in this forum!!) My leak is coming form the inlet hoses to the livewells ---pumped water in--with boat out of the water...half went in the wells, the other half in the bilge! My question is.....is there any way to replace these hoses without completely dis-assembling the boat!?!
I have a couple of access holes (small) that will allow me to see the hoses but thats about it... Anybody who has tackled this project before or knows anything about, please respond. My only thought at this point is to cut some more 4-5 inch access hose (stategically placed??) and cap them afterwards...thanks to any and all responders...

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: livewell hoses leaking...HELP !

Hey,
I don't know how your boat is set up but my 17' TX175 is aluminum and riveted and I can easily get to all of my hoses. The two side panels on the back of the boat are screwed down and easily removed for access. The drain hose running from the rear live well to the back of the boat is all out in the open. The bilge and aerator hoses running to the front go out the side under the big panel held on with screws which easily comes off to get to those hoses. The front live well or bait box is also out in the open and easily reached.
The drain hose is out in the open but the hose running back to the bilge pump and other pumps runs along the side hidden under a few panels held on with rivets but those are easily removed and replaced. Your boat obviously a different model is different and must be set up in a way much harder to get to. If all you have are riveted panels to remove then it won't be that hard. Rivets are a breeze to work with. I have removed a few panels from my boat and put new rivets in to tighten it up and it was a piece of cake. If you can use a rivet gun and handy with a drill then you shouldn't have any problem.

Nickolas

dfrank

Recruit

I recently bought a 1993 19ft Sea Nymph deck boat. I'm sorry that I can't help you yet with your question but maybe you could answer 1 for me. Do you know how big the gas tank is. I was wanting to add fuel stabilizer but I have no idea what size the gas tank is. Thanks,
David

seanymphpia

Cadet

I replaced the deck and carpet on my 1990 SS 171 Ski Sport. All the spaces below the deck are filled with flotation foam, and my live well hoses run inside the foam. I decided that was too much work and would cut into too much boating time, so I decided not to mess with the foam. I put a small plug in the live well through-hull fitting, which keeps it from leaking. With a boat this age, which was kept in a slip for much of its life, the hoses are brittle and break easily. I have considered running a smaller diameter hose inside the existing hoses, but I haven't tried it yet.

fishrdan

Admiral

Not sure on the SeaNymph, but I replaced the livewell hoses on my 18' Crestliner since they were hard and brittle. Was a royal pain since the old hoses were hard and didn't like bending, I used the old hose to pull the new hose through the hull. If I had only done it when I had the deck up it would have been a snap :rolleyes:

If you are going to replace them, shoot me a PM and I'll let you know where to get the hose. I got 20' of 1 1/8" and 20' of 3/4" for around $40.

Oh yeah, when I went to throw the old hose away I just snapped it with my hands and threw it into the garbage,,, stuff was that brittle!