Major change in Bayliner construction.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Bayliners of the 1980's vintage are notorious for rotten stringers and floors. I attibute this to poor encapsulation of the stringers and carpet on the floors, and also to negligence of the owner, often letting them sit uncovered and soaking wet.

I was reading the Bayliner site, (I really like the new Discovery series boats) and came across this interisting bit of info. This should put an end to rotten stringers. This quote was taken from the "about Bayliner", "Pro System" page of their website. Bold by me.

Unitized Construction
The PRO System? is the solid foundation for all our boats. This process continues throughout manufacturing with our exclusive Unitized Construction method that builds maximum strength into every Bayliner. In a nutshell, Unitized Construction means bonding together key components of each boat with the hull and a full-length, cored fiberglass encapsulated stringer system to make all these parts a single unit. Experienced craftsmen using industry-leading technology perform the bonding and encapsulation process by hand. The result is a boat of extraordinary stiffness and strength with a solid, responsive feel able to handle many years of frequent use.

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: Major change in Bayliner construction.

How many years has this been in affect Mark?
When did they (or most of the industry for that matter) start improving things with these rot problems?
BP:)

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Doesn't that just say that they do a better job now with a lot of blah, blah, blah's.

Windykid

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What is the cored material?????? Still wood????:confused: