Strangling in data cords!

WizeOne

Commander
So many devices, so many cords to hook them up with. I was always going crazy trying to keep them seperatated and identifiable because so many of them are different.

I broached this subject here some time ago but finally just got around to doing something about it. I just picked up one of these;

MyBrotherPT82Labeler.jpg

It makes a real neat thin, durable plastic label that you can wrap around any of the data/video cords for easy identification. The last time I looked at labelers (it may date me) they were the stiff, stamped Dymo style plastic strip. They would not have been at all suitable for this kind of labeling. This has really simplified my life.

I bought mine at Office Depot for 29.95 but you can get them for 19.95, or less, on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PT-80-P-touch-Electronic-Labeling/dp/B000FHYZRW

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: Strangling in data cords!

That's funny last night the power went out and i had to hunt for witch plug was for my TV behind the entertainment stand so i could plug it into my generator.

mthieme

Captain

On my desk at work I've got three computers, five monitors; underneath is four power strips (maybe more ?) and I don't know how much copper in between. Until one of the units gets replaced, I never go under the desk.
There's a lot to be said for wireless.
But, that ain't nothing compared to the server racks!

i386

Captain

I've got an older version of that label printer. I have found that when labeling cables, the label wants to flatten back out so it doesn't stay on the cable. I fix that problem by adding a layer of scotch tape over it.

There are label printers made just for cables but they are pretty pricey.