alpha 1 removal

87 caravelle

Seaman Apprentice
87 glasstream 18' 130 hp, alpha 1. the owners manual says to put drive into foward gear to remove the drive itself....? if i put the thing in drive wont i flood out my carb? please help guys. i have one throttle that controls the gas and gears, im lost.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: alpha 1 removal

gas evapoates if your removing your drive it should be fine by the time you get it back on

87 caravelle

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for the quick response. the drive will be off for the winter, in the basement. should i disconect the carb?

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

what other kinda of prep are you doing for the winter are you planning on cleaning the carb in the spring

87 caravelle

Seaman Apprentice

spring time i want to go through the carb and have my dad/mechanic tune it. i need the drive off in order to fit it in the barn though, sucks cause i just changed the gear oil yesterday....shoulda measured first i guess:rolleyes:

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

if your having everything gone through then i wouldn't worry just make sure you get all the water out of the engin

achris

More fish than mountain goat

spring time i want to go through the carb and have my dad/mechanic tune it. i need the drive off in order to fit it in the barn though, sucks cause i just changed the gear oil yesterday....shoulda measured first i guess:rolleyes:

Removing the leg does not drain the oil... Splitting the leg does. What are you planning to do?

Chris..........