Morse remote control problem

jklnhyde

Seaman Apprentice
I bought a used Morse control for my OMC Cobra setup, but I have two issues with it. First is that a microswitch buried in the mess of levers is broken. I'm guessing it's the neutral switch. Unfortunately only half of the switch is intact and the only markings I can see is:
12V7RA1
3C6-K (there's more to this number but these are the last few characters visible)
SA (stylized inside a circle)

Any ideas where to get it?

The next thing is there is apparently no 'throttle only' button on this control! The Quicksilver shifter I replaced got real stiff and refused to work, so I got this Morse, but I really liked having the option to throttle the engine in neutral. Have I lost this ability?
The shifter is a Morse and has a small plate that says INCOM. It has a Tilt rocker and a Trim rocker, both on the handle.

jklnhyde

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Morse remote control problem

Ummm,never mind. I had a revelation late last night regarding how it's possible the entire handle is the 'throtle only' button. Sure enough, I went to the garage this morning and the entire handle can be pulled out about 3/8" and the throttle applied. Problem solved.
Now I just need to locate the neutral microswitchand I'm back in the drink.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Remove the old switch and take it with you to Radio Shack. They have a fair selection of switches. Nothing special about them. Failing that, simply Google "micro switches". You will find it in the multitude of responses. Most electronic surplus stores have boxes of these switches as well.

jklnhyde

Seaman Apprentice

Well, Radio Shack was no help, as usual. I did talk to a tech at Morse/Teleflex and he said the shifter is probably an MIR(?), no longer made (obviously) and that he'll try to crossreference the markings on the microswitch.
I have a few electronics-only catalogs at home, so I'll look in there as well.