Mariner 115hp 6 cylinder What Year Please

acrowot

Cadet
Could any kind person give me any info on this engine, I have spent days not hours trying to find any info without sucess, it is a 2 stroke, it says oil injected on the cover but there does not seem to be any container to put the oil in. The previous owner says it takes a 25:1 mix the oil to be put in with the gas. This seems to be a lot of oil. I would also like to know the year. Serial No. OB343528

Laddies

Banned
Re: Mariner 115hp 6 cylinder What Year Please

Originally the engine came with a AutoBlend system that was a seperate canister vacuum operated oil premix system. It proved to be very troublesome so they were removed and the owner just premixed the oil but the engines were left with the decals.

acrowot

Cadet
Re: Mariner 115hp 6 cylinder What Year Please

Originally the engine came with a AutoBlend system that was a seperate canister vacuum operated oil premix system. It proved to be very troublesome so they were removed and the owner just premixed the oil but the engines were left with the decals.

Thank you Admiral,you have answered all my questions,I am sure I will have some more as I get more involved.