looking to compare a couple of boats

Vince Malf

Cadet
I need some input from anyone knowing anything about either the Farralone or North River Boat lines, please.

By way of updating this request for information,
Im looking at the North River Seahawk OS and comparing it to the Farrlone 28' whaleback

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: looking to compare a couple of boats

never heard of them.

CATransplant

Admiral

Couldn't find any info on "Farralone" boats, but there is a "Farralon" boat company. Maybe that's who you mean:

http://www.farallonboats.com/

I did find a North River boat company, though:

http://www.northriverboats.com/

What information were you looking for that isn't on one of those sites? What model of either company are you interested in comparing? You don't give us much to go on, you see.

Both of those companies make a range of boat sizes and types. Since I've never seen any mention of either company here, it's not that likely that you'll find too many folks here who have one of their boats.

Give us more information, and maybe we can offer more.

The Famous Grouse

Petty Officer 1st Class

Anyone who's been around the Pacific Northwest and salmon/steelhead fishing knows North River. The have an excellent reputation for making heavy-duty boats and sleds for the serious salmon/steelhead angler.

There are quite a number of brands like North River, Willie Boats, and so on that are well-known regionally in the PNW, but since big aluminum v-hulls are not pleasure boats, they tend to be relatively unknown anywhere there aren't big salmon to be caught.

Grouse

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The North River is heavy gauge aluminum while the Farallon is fiberglas. The Seahawk will take a lot of abuse and last forever.