plaining problems

mcruea

Seaman
my 86 hydrosport bass boat with 125 hp seems to plow though the water instead lifts up the front end , i put a new power trim unit on it and it works good(cnc power trim) when im running full speed and try to trim the motor up it revs up high sounds like its coming out of the water . is the motor setting up to high is there a measurement how far the motor should below the hull can anybody help me
mcruea

Randybeall

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: plaining problems

If it revs up when you try to trim up you could be too high your correct. Generally the anti ventilation plate, which is the flat plate just above the prop on the engine, should be very close to in line with the bottom of the stern. Some boats will work with it above some will not. A picture from the side with your engine down would help to judge this. There are props which help with lift and may be useful if nothing else works. First check to see that you are not carring a load of water, weight will keep you from getting up on plane. Next make sure the hull is clean, a polish and coat of wax most likely won't hurt anything but your elbows. Happy boating.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the AV plate should be 1-2 inches above the keel. this may be part of your steering problem also.

mcruea

Seaman

ok ill get the measurements and go from there
thanks alot
mcruea