Possible boat for next season

skid_pl8

Cadet
Saw this boat on craigslist not far from me and am going to go take a look this weekend. It's a 92 Ski Brendella with a 5.8 HO Boss Motor. It already has a tower and 2 fat seats, the guy that owns it is a wakeboarder and says it throws a nice wake. I don't have a fortune to spend and in NW arkansas older boats set up for wakeboarding just don't come up for sale that often. This will be my first boat and I am looking for something to wakeboard behind, so what do you guys think?
12c1g613aZZZZZZZZZ89kbcbaa9892edc15f2.jpg

12813b1g0ZZZZZZZZZ89kc829825b750519e7.jpg

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Possible boat for next season

It already has a tower and 2 fat seats
I assume that you meant "Fat Sacs" there.

But, other than that. Boat looks nice (Personally don't care for the graphics. But, I wouldn't not buy it just because it thought it was ugly.). It should throw a decent enough wake once weighted down properly. Honestly, that boat should do most anything you would want it to unless you go pro or something.

Since it is a true inboard, weighting it down should be fairly simple.
Getting one 680/lb sac (Or more if you feel it can handle it) for the rear should be enough. Have your driver and spotter sitting near the bow.

The rear seat on that should be removable? (I think)

Some questions to ask the seller is:
  • Does it have a perfect pass system installed?
  • Does the motor burn a lot of oil? (Some of those bigger 8cyl motors burn some oil up. I think my cousins Wake-Setter goes threw almost a quart every session.)

skid_pl8

Cadet

Well the search continues, guess I wasn't the only one that thought it was a good deal. I couldn't go look at it until Saturday and someone showed up today with cash and took it home.

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WoW, sorry to hear that. How far are you willing to travel?
And are what are you willing to spend?
I can help keep my eyes open.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

when the right ones pop up, you need to be ready to react.

skid_pl8

Cadet

In theory that is great. A 3 hour drive when you are working 17+ hour days is hard to swing until the weekend though. Oh well someone else got a good deal on that one. I have decided not to settle for anything but one of the older boats that is known to throw a good wake now. Might already have a line on a supra sunsport.