2005 Honda 130 4 stroke problem

mattbatten

Recruit
Hello..About a year ago i purchased a 19 ft carolina skiff with a 130 hp motor The previous owner had become ill for some time So the boat sat for a year maybe two, so the motor hardly has any hours on it..So i get the boat drain the fuel tank and try to fire it...The gas smelt horrible that had come out of it from sitting so i took it to the shop where i learned that a recall on the fuel system...The new system was installed....The boat run perfectly for two fishing tripps..on the third, i run around 6 miles and fished when i went to fire it up it wouldnt the boat idled back to the bank...Back to the shop...The Respectable Mechanic said to me that the plugs were bad and that he had tested the boat and put new plugs in....i dropped it in the water..The ball wouldnt get tight so i noticed the o-ring on the fuel line was bad..So i went to the shop I bought a new 3/8 hose and primer ball and new ends , the fuel filter is clean, I put it all new, filled up the tank and went back to the lake in the water the boat at first went perfectly up on plane plenty power...i circled slowed down took off again small hesitation which worsened by the end it seemed to help get it on plane if i pumped the ball, but once it was on plane it would opened up and run fine at 5000rpms for miles but after i stopped same thing like it was starving for gas....People have said to run a can of seafoam through it...any advice would be greatly appreciated

gss036

Commander
Re: 2005 Honda 130 4 stroke problem

I would suggest rebuilding the fuel pump to make sure it is working. Then run on a portble fuel tank so you know you don't have an antisiphon blockage in the main fuel tank.
Seafoam is good stuff, use a strong mixture to help get rid of the bad gas effects on the fuel system. Maybe even try some Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner in the gas. I wouldn't do both at the same time though.
Might try draining the vapor seperator.

Flakeys

Seaman

You may also want to change the High Pressure fuel filter at the vapor seperator. Thats the last one before the fuel heads to the injectors.

I had an episode similar where the rpm's dropped after the boat was on plane at full speed, but would idle and run fine up to 2000 rpm. I eventually discovered that there was some fiberous material in my fuel tank (spill diaper from fueling) that was plugging the fuel line to the cartridge filter and working its way into the primer bulb.

Back blow your fuel lines to the tank to be sure theres nothing floating around in there.

mattbatten

Recruit

You may also want to change the High Pressure fuel filter at the vapor seperator. Thats the last one before the fuel heads to the injectors.

I had an episode similar where the rpm's dropped after the boat was on plane at full speed, but would idle and run fine up to 2000 rpm. I eventually discovered that there was some fiberous material in my fuel tank (spill diaper from fueling) that was plugging the fuel line to the cartridge filter and working its way into the primer bulb.

Back blow your fuel lines to the tank to be sure theres nothing floating around in there.

I was able to try the boat again yesterday i am sure of a few things i am sure that that the fuel is good i am sure that the fuel lines running to the motor is all new new ball new connectors i removed the fuel filter the first one when it comes into the motor i assumed that was the only one, I see what seems to be another filter it is enlcosed in a white plastic case it seems to be an inline filter is that what you are talking about when you say high pressure fuel filter, When i took the boat out yeaterday I ran a can of seafoam through it i run the whole tank of fuel, it never really improved as i would take off if i didnt pump the ball it wouldnt get on plane but once it was on plane it would run fine for miles and miles and never starve for fuel i am at witts end........any more suggestions, how can i find a schematic that shows me that filter, i really hate to give up on the boat so any advice i will greatly appreciate it.

mattbatten

Recruit

I was able to try the boat again yesterday i am sure of a few things i am sure that that the fuel is good i am sure that the fuel lines running to the motor is all new new ball new connectors i removed the fuel filter the first one when it comes into the motor i assumed that was the only one, I see what seems to be another filter it is enlcosed in a white plastic case it seems to be an inline filter is that what you are talking about when you say high pressure fuel filter, When i took the boat out yeaterday I ran a can of seafoam through it i run the whole tank of fuel, it never really improved as i would take off if i didnt pump the ball it wouldnt get on plane but once it was on plane it would run fine for miles and miles and never starve for fuel i am at witts end........any more suggestions, how can i find a schematic that shows me that filter, i really hate to give up on the boat so any advice i will greatly appreciate it.