need help on a gamefisher 3hp

i have a problem with the motor 3hp i let it run for about 25 minutes and it will just cut off and wont start again any advise on what to do.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: need help on a gamefisher 3hp

There are several manufacturers of gamefisher outboards. To answer your question, it would help if you could provide the model number of your outboard.

It could be made by Eska or Tanaka, or Chrysler. Very different outboards, with very different engines.

CATransplant

Admiral

Does it always run for 25 minutes, then shut off, or did it run for 25 minutes once, then shut off and you can't get it started again?

We're talking now about two different engines, and we're still playing 20 questions on both of them.

Tell us more about this engine, your history with it, and try to tell us the information you'd need if you were trying to help someone with a problem.

Words are free, so use as many of them as you need to to give us the whole picture, so we won't have to keep asking so many questions to try to get the information we need to help you.

We can't see, hear, feel, or try to start your outboard. We need to know what you've tried to do to get it running and what happened.

Tell us the story, and in the next installment, tell us the model number of your outboard so we can go to www.searspartsdirect.com and look at the exploded parts diagarms.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Check fror spark,check for gas.Usually a sound motor will run if it has both.

Kiggsia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Did you check the fine mesh screen fuel filter at the top of the plastic sediment bowl for clogging? I was having similiar troubles with my 3HP Gamefisher and when I took the entire fuel system all apart and blew it out with compressed air, the motor never missed a stroke after that. Also make sure your gas cap is venting properly. Could also be a faulty circuit in the electronic ignition module opening when it gets warmer inside of it, like problems I've had with car ignitions. But at least working on these little dinky outboards sure is easier than doing almost any kind of work on a modern complex car engine!

freddyray21

Commander

some of those had a fuel pump element in the carb that will cause the problem you have now.