mercruiser 350 drain plugs?

buckw13

Seaman
I was getting ready to winterize my boat for the first time (have witerized alot of outboards). My question is I opened the two drain plaugs on the bottom of the engine and remover the hoses from the bottom of the manifolds. Is there any other hoses or plugs that i am missing that i should take off? Thanks for the answers

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: mercruiser 350 drain plugs?

Have you read the winterizing post that's a sticky at the top of this forum?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,...

And your Info is pretty thin, on exactly What this 350 is bolted too....

The 350 has been used in Alota ways over the years....

buckw13

Seaman

mercruiser 350 with alpha 1 outdrive on a larson senza 210 lx br didnt notice any other plugs, just dont want to leave water in the engine up here in the cold air of upstate ny. even though it is kept in an unheated garage i was reading the winterizing post and it says to check your manual to see where all the plugs are. Well, all i have is the seloc repair manula and that doesnt really show. I do not have the original manual. Does anybody know where I could find one?

thedillybar

Seaman

If you're opening the drain plugs and not using RV antifreeze...be careful to make sure you completely drain the block.

Take the drain plugs all the way out, and stick a screwdriver in the hole in case there is any sand or dirt that has accumulated around the drain plug and is stopping water from coming out.