1999 225 Optimax Issues - losing cylinder

ctales4

Recruit
Hello Folks,

I am 5 weeks into trying to solve a problem with the engine on a boat that I got this spring. After 35 hours of trouble free operation, I lost the #6 cylinder one day on the way in from the ocean. I checked the filters, plugs, etc. 6 plug was clean and other were carbon fouled. I moved the coil to a different spot (with the wire) and no change. The engine runs fine for a few minutes and then the cylinder drops out. Slow down to idle and it will come back. Try to wind her up and it drops out. I had the injector replaced and while jerking with this problem, the fuel pump crapped out. A new one installed yesterday and the boat is running again. Went forride and got about 1/2 mile at full power and then lost the cylinder. Slowed down, pulledthe cowling and started disconnecting injectors..all holes firing. Try to wind up, lost it. Put timing light on plug wire and as soon as I power up, the light goes out. Slow down to idle and a few seconds later the light starts to flicker and then starts flashing as normal. Try to wind her up and she drops out??? Mechanic is leaning towards the ECM, but that is big ticket item. Any one outthere deal with a similar problem?

Thanks!